Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Letter to my 16 year old self


See these scars? they're gonna fade over time.
Boxed up and hidden, and redefined.
Your thoughts and dreams will begin to process,
you'll learn to digest.
You're gonna face some challenges,
You're gonna think you can't see a way out,
feeling damaged by life and doubt.
Take each step and look to the sky,
disguised with hope.
He's gonna break your heart,
but you'll find a new start,
new ideas and overshadowed.
You'll hear the voices, acoustically ringing in your ears,
shaping your desires, keep chasing off your fears.
It's not gonna be easy, who said it'll be this hard?
You'll make bad decisions along the way,
but you'll come out the other side.
Don't take the meds, they won't help you,
gather support , they will love you.
Write it all down and burn it up, you''ll
make it through.
I can't promise you, it's gonna get better,
But it'll be unexpected and something new.
Persevere and strive on, the future isn't so far.
I'm writing this, aren't I?
Notes: I wrote this in inspiration of George Watsky - Letter to my 16 year old self. This is how I was when I was 16, and though things are hard right now, I'm not naive and I know that there will be something different happening soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home