Thursday, May 03, 2012

Simple Plan concert


 I saw Simple plan in London and it was more amazing than the last time i saw them which was 4 years ago. I’m so happy, and I feel absolutely buzzing right now.
10 years of love for a band that changed my life around, 10 years for a band that first got me in to rock. I was 11 and now i’m 21.
No regrets.
A lot of the concert, I was focused on the music and the band, that I wasn’t aware of the pushing behind me, and how hot it was. I’m so glad they sang all their classic songs , especially I’m just a kid, I’d do anything, including their No pads, No helmets, just balls medley. It was fucking amazing. I am always happy whenever they play Addicted as that’s the song that made me a fan back then. I always love hearing everyone sing. Seb, and Pierre both looked at me,nodded and smiled at me, which was such a highlight form. I think Seb was meant to throw his pick at me, but i didn’t realise it until it hit my head and then someone i met in the queue got it. I didn’t mind though, i was just taking it all in, the music and the atmosphere. 
I cried when This song saved my life came on, I sang with my eyes closed, and cried, and when i reopened them, I noticed that Seb looked at me, but quickly looked away as he played his guitar. That song has affected me a lot last year and I’m thankful for that.  

Overall , the gig was amazing, I met some cool people in the queue. We the kings were good live too, and to see Charles in the flesh was funny as I’ve watched him on youtube for like 4 years. The only song i knew properly was Check yes Juliet, as it was my favourite song like when i was 17. I’m gonna listen to them more now.

 It’s been crazy how things have changed since I became a fan 10 years ago, how many aspirations and goals I have, and how I’m now someone completely different then but despite it all, I’m still a fan. I’m so thankful for such things to come in to my life.
Here’s to another 10 years more. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home