Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grandad - thank you for your life

It's taking a while today, to find the words to say a lot of things today.

It's been two years today since my Grandad died from Dementia. I know I can never take him back, and I still regret a lot of things that I wished I spent more time with him, because for a while the only emotion I felt was anger not sadness. Dementia/Alzheimers was one of the most heartbreaking things I had to experience, it got to the point where he just looked at me like he didn't know who I was, this is why i was angry, for the fact that this disease led me to be scared of my own grandad.  He meant a lot to me, and this is why i'm living with my nan, to look after her, because she has no one else now. The best memory of him was when I was a child at the beach, I sat with him and he protected me from the waves, I was scared and he held me
It's sad when things like this happen,May is a bittersweet month for the fact that he died 2 days after Daniel but 2 years later. I hope that you're in peace now.

I went to visit him the other day at the cementary, he was buried beside my great grandma who i vaguely remember as she died when I was 5. It was a nice time to reflect, and it took away the anger, and helped me less to regret a lot but still regretting.

There's a lot for me to learn and I miss him a lot.

Thank you for everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home